123 HP Officejet 4650 scanner settings in Windows
- Open HP software
- Click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Select the shortcut for scanning on the left of your scan dialogue box.
- With the shortcut highlighted, select your preferences.
The preferences listed below are examples, and more can be found in the software.
- Select Required Page Size: Letter, legal, 10×15 cm (4×6 inch) or custom
- Select the Color Mode: Color, black and white or grayscale
- Select the destination for your document: Local or email
- Resolution: 200 dpi, 300 dpi or 1200 dpi.
- OCR Language
- Destination: you could choose a specific default scan destination
- Click the Save Settings icon to save your settings.
The HP Printer Assistant software opens.
When you save settings in the HP Scan software, the settings are transferred to the shortcuts on the printer control panel, provided the computer is connected to the printer.
123 HP Officejet 4650 scanner settings in iOS
Change the scan settings for the printer control panel presets in OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, or OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion.
- In the menu bar, click the Apple icon.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan.
- Click the name of your printer, and then click Open Print Queue.
- Click Printer Setup or Settings, click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.
- Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer. The HP Scan dialog opens.
- Click Edit Scan Tasks.
- Select a shortcut under Scan to Computer Shortcuts, and then click Edit.
- Click Show Details.
The following scan settings display:
- Presets: Photos, Documents with Text, Custom
- Output Type: PDF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
- Scan To: Allows you to specify the location where you want to save the file
- Type: Document, Picture.
- Orientation: Portrait, Landscape
- Mode: Grayscale, Color
- Resolution: 300 ppi, 600 ppi, 1200 ppi
- Crop to: US Letter, 4×6 inches (10×15 cm), Legal
Source: Option to scan either from the scanner glass or ADF and allows for Flatbed or Document Feeder options.
- Click the Presets menu, and then click Save As.
- Type a name for your new preset, and then click OK. Your new preset is saved and can be selected from within HP Scan.
- Select one of the following items before closing Preferences:
- Click Cancel if you do not want to save the settings for the printer control panel shortcut you selected.
- Click OK if you do want to save the settings for the printer control panel shortcut you selected.
- Close the ‘Preferences’ window.
DISCLAIMER : 123 HP Support is an independent third party website for HP printer support services. We do not have any kind of association with “HP” and its services. All the information and images used in this website are only for the informational purpose. We do not sell HP products or its services in any form. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee for HP printers. You should contact the manufacturer of your Printer (HP) for the same. For more information regarding our Terms and Policies visit 123hp.support.