123 HP Officejet 4650 wireless setup for Windows
Setup your Officejet 4650 printer on a local wireless network for a computer with operating system Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.
Step 1: Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password and make sure the router, printer, and computer are turned on.
Step 2: Make sure the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Place the printer close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure. Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
Step 3: Use the built in wireless setup wizard to connect the printer to wireless network.
- On the control panel, touch the wireless icon.
- Touch the setting icon.
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 4: Press the down arrow to scroll to Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK. The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks. Press the down arrow to scroll to the name of your network, and then press OK.
Note: If the list does not contain your network name, you can enter it manually.
Step 5: Press the down arrow to scroll to Enter New Network Name, and then press OK.Press the down arrow to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard.
Step 6: When you finish entering the new network name, scroll to done and press OK. The printer attempts to connect to the network. When prompted, enter the WEP or WPA key.Press the down arrow to scroll to the appropriate letters or numbers on the on-screen keyboard. When you finish entering the WEP key or WPA key, scroll down and press OK to confirm. The printer will be connected to the network.
Do the following on your computer:
- Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
- Windows 8.1: Click the down arrow in lower left corner of the Start screen, select the printer name, and then click Utilities.
- Windows 8: Right-click an empty area on the Start screen, click All Apps on the app bar, select the printer name, and then click Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, click the folder of your printer.
- Click Printer Setup & Software, and then select Connect a new printer.
- When the Connection Options software screen appears, select Wireless. Select your Officejet 4650 printer software from the list of detected printers.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Print your document.
Note for Step 5 and 6: You must enter the exact uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.
123 HP Officejet 4650 Wireless Setup for iOS
- Make sure you have turned on Wi-Fi Direct on the printer.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the computer.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon and choose the Wi-Fi Direct name, such as DIRECT-**-OfficeJet-4650 (where ** are the unique characters to identify your printer). Enter the Wi-Fi Direct password when prompted.
- To find the password, touch (Wi-Fi Direct) on the Home screen.
- Add the printer.
- Open System Preferences.
- Depending on your operating system, click Print, Scan & Fax or Printers & Scanners.
- Click + below the list of printers at the left.
- Select the printer from the list of detected printers (for eg : the word “Bonjour” is listed the right column beside the printer name), and click Add.
Change Network Settings
From the printer control panel, you can set up and manage your printer wireless connection and perform a variety of network management tasks. This includes viewing and changing network settings, restoring network defaults, and turning the wireless function on or off.
- CAUTION: Network settings are provided for your convenience. However, unless you are an advanced user, you should not change some of these settings (such as the link speed, IP settings, default gateway, and firewall settings).
To print the network configuration page
- From the Home screen, touch (Wireless) and then touch (Settings).
- Touch Print Reports and then touch Network Configuration Page.
DISCLAIMER : 123 HP Support is an independent third party website for HP printer support services. We do not have any kind of association with “HP” and its services. All the information and images used in this website are only for the informational purpose. We do not sell HP products or its services in any form. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee for HP printers. You should contact the manufacturer of your Printer (HP) for the same. For more information regarding our Terms and Policies visit 123hp.support.