- Home »
- HP Hardware Setup
123 HP Printer Hardware Setup Installation Instructions
Basic Hardware Setup and Printer Hardware Installation
HP Printer Hardware Setup Installation : After unpacking, place the cords firmly into the wall power sockets, without any power strip to prevent any power issues with the device. Once everything is plugged in, you will find the power button on the front left side of the 123 HP Printer. For Instant Support kindly Call US!
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button on the left side. Since the printer is initialized for the first time, it may make some noise. Once this is done use the upward/downward arrows to choose language/country/region and then tap OK.
- The printer screen prompts you to insert the cartridge. Use the cutouts on the sides to lift the top cover. Printer Hardware Installation– First install the Tri color cartridge as labeled on the back cover of the cartridge. Now using the orange pull tab, remove the tape covering the electrical contacts and ink nozzles.
- When you load the cartridges in the printer, you will notice that the color on the locking levers match the color on top of the cartridge. Lift, to open the lock lever for the tri-color cartridge. Slide the tri-color cartridge downwards into the slot and make sure the cartridge is placed correctly under the lock lever. Close the lock lever until it snaps into place. Repeat the same process to install the black cartridge.
- After closing the cover, the printer automatically recognizes that you have installed genuine 123 HP cartridges. A message appears on the HP Printer Hardware Setup Installation control panel; press OK to continue with the set.
- After the installation of the cartridge, reload the paper in the tray which is specially designed for different size of papers and then slide in the tray. The printer then prints out the alignment page.
- Once the alignment page is printed, you need to scan it by placing it (facing downward) on the scan glass underneath the printer cover/scanner lid as per the instructions given on the paper, and at the side corner of the scan glass plate. Now, after covering the scanner lid the printer screen will ask you to continue scanning, and here you will press OK. After the alignment page is scanned, the message ‘’Alignment successful” appears on the control panel. Tap OK to continue.
- You can further set up your printer for a wireless connection either via the software that came with the printer, or stand-alone through the printer itself. Please note that setting up a network is different for each configuration to set up Printer Hardware Installation.
- Use the scroll to ‘Not Now’ and then tap ‘OK’ and tap ‘OK’ again for software installation reminders. Now the hardware setup is complete, you can install the printer software via the CD which is given with the HP Printer Hardware Setup Installation and start printing.