- 123HP Support »
- Software Setup and Installation
123 HP Printer Software Driver Installation and Setup
Printer Software Driver Installation : After setting up your printer/ install the latest from 123.hp.com Printer driver using the driver installation CD. Almost all computer and hardware manufacturers include a group of drivers on a CD for different hardware devices, and often for each of the supported versions of Windows. For example, the driver CD you receive with your printer is likely to contain the drivers for dozens of different printers and not just the printer you purchased. When installing the drivers, make sure you are installing the drivers for your specific printer. Also, make sure you are installing it for the same version of Windows you are running on your computer.
Printer Software Driver Installation – Steps to be followed to install the drivers through the CD.
- After putting the CD in the ROM drive, go to HP Product 123.hp.com/setup
- Enter your printer model number, and then click Begin.
- Click Download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any window that is displayed, to download the driver to your computer.
- Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to launch the driver installation.Figure : Example of the HP driver file in a browser downloads bar.Figure: Example of the HP driver file in a computer Downloads folder.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection setup and Printer Software Driver Installation from 123.hp.com
- Return to the HP Product Setup page in your web browser to complete the printer registration and activation.
- Turn on your printer which is already connected to your computer via a USB wire.
- On your computer, open the web browser and type support.hp.com and follow the following simple steps as per below :
Click to ‘Software and Drivers’ and type your printer model number in a box under ‘Enter my HP model number’ and click on ‘Find my product’
The screen will show you options by the name of your printer, click on the first option.
Now select your operating system and version and click on the ‘Download’ button.
Once the download is complete, type ‘Devices and Printers’ in the search box of your Laptop or Desktop computer and select the connected printer.